Keeping In Touch with politics and other issues in Central Virginia .....The Virginia 22nd Senate District and The 6th Congressional District......Vote Democratic for a Better Future....Protect Your Benefits

Democratic Committee Meeting

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Jeff Price




Greetings!




I wanted to share a bit of personal news with you this week. Just over two years ago, I was standing outside my businesses' warehouse, talking with an old friend from Lexington when I was told that my wife, Laura, was on the phone for me; I casually picked up. Less than 8 hours later, I found myself the proud father of Jackson Campbell Price, a perfect baby boy.




I wonder, in 2019, when my son is 12, what will Virginia look like? Will Jackson be sitting in an overcrowded classroom with an overworked and underpaid teacher? Will the General Assembly finally come up with solutions to our transportation crisis, or will we be traveling on overstressed roads and bridges that are at least 10 years or more due for repair or replacement?




Will we still be playing partisan politics with redistricting and allowing mapmakers to draw safe districts for incumbents, or will we have a democratic and fair system in place? Will the area my family has called home for 200 years be the benefactor of a new energy economy with good paying jobs for working-class Virginians?




For me, my candidacy is personal. It's about taking care of the Commonwealth that has been so good to my family and my business, while helping us to reach our full potential for the future. If elected, I'm going to work tirelessly to make sure all Virginians, as well as my friends and neighbors, have access to the best opportunities available. That is a promise I do not take lightly.




My daughter, Olivia, will start school soon and Jackson isn't far behind. I will not rest until I know I have worked my hardest to provide them with the best education possible, taught by the best teachers in the nation. I want to ensure that they have opportunities here at home once they graduate, so they don't feel they must go out of our state to have a good paying job and satisfying career. I know we must support our small business owners, by allowing them to succeed on a global level. I will pledge to find solutions without raising taxes on hard working Virginians.



I love our commonwealth and it is my passion to make it the best it can be.




I have 70,000 reasons for running; two of them are named Olivia and Jackson.




With your help, I will have the honor to represent the 24th District in the House of Delegates.




Sincerely,





Jeff Price
Candidate Virginia's House of Delegates


24th District




(540) 319-4028




=======================






Price for DelegateBumper Stickers




We have been getting requests for campaign bumper stickers and we plan to purchase some very soon, but we need your help. If you donate any amount in the next 2 weeks, we will mail you a bumper sticker in time for July 4th celebrations.


We need you!




No matter where in the district you live (Amherst, Buena Vista, Lexington, or Rockbridge) we have volunteer opportunities and WE NEED YOUR HELP!



Contact Joe Biederman at joe@jeffprice.us or (540) 319-4028 to learn more about how you can help.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive